As Enerjisa Enerji A.Ş., we conduct all our activities, including our distribution and sales business lines in particular, according to the following fundamental principles:
- We fulfil all our statutory and other compliance obligations related with the Environment.
- While performing our activities, we adopt the principles of sustainable development and prevention of pollution at source.
- By reducing the wastes originating from our activities at source as much as possible; we ensure that wastes are recycled, recovered, reused or disposed without causing any harm or damage to the environment.
- We contribute in the fight against climate change. In this context, we conduct activities oriented towards reducing energy consumption, increasing energy efficiency, and reducing our greenhouse gas emissions.
- We aim to continuously reduce the consumption of water necessary for our activities by efficiently using water, one of our most important natural resources.
- We monitor and aim to reduce our air and wastewater emissions originating from our activities. We satisfy the legal requirements related with wastewater quality.
- We pay due attention and care for direct and indirect biodiversity protection in all our operational areas.
- We set measurable targets for the field of environment; and we continuously improve our environmental management system by periodically assessing our performance against such targets.
- While determining the methodologies and goals for our environmental management system, we benefit from the contributions of our employees, customers, business partners, investors and other stakeholders as well as our senior management.
- We aim to develop, expand and maintain environmental awareness across our institution.
- We encourage our entire business network, including our employees, suppliers and business partners in particular, to maintain their environmentally-responsible activities.
- In case of procurement of products-services with substantial environmental aspects, we identify the necessary environmental conditions in line with the life cycle principle and share them with our suppliers. Thus, we contribute in the improvement of our suppliers’ environmental performances.
- We conduct awareness-raising activities for development of environmental awareness among all stakeholders of the energy sector in line with our responsibility arising from our position in the sector and we aim to lead the sector in this field.
- ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard is the fundamental guide that we use in all our activities.
- We ensure the monitoring and auditing of our environmental policy as part of our environmental management system.
The Sustainability Committee of Enerjisa Energy meets regularly and takes decisions by reviewing the Environmental Policy and environmental performance, and reports to the Board of Directors.
We regularly share with stakeholders the environmental performance that we continuously monitor in accordance with the Environmental Policy, through Sustainability Reports. We identify the issues of top priority in the field of environment in line with the stakeholder analyses and according to the local and global trends that are of interest for the sector. We make use of such priority issues that we have identified in the field of environment while developing and revising the Environmental Policy.